Our team is made up of highly qualified and well experienced childcare practitioners.
- All are either NVQ level 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6, including two graduates and a qualified teacher, with a joint total of 165 years experience in childcare and 104 of those with ABC.
- All are Paediatric First Aid trained and certificate holders.
- All are Food Hygiene Handler trained and certificate holders.
- All are Kirklees Safeguarding Children trained and certificate holders.
We are dedicated to providing fun, loving and educational care for all children, recognising their individual needs and stages of development.
Our care rooms
Our three spacious care rooms are specifically designed, furnished and equipped for the children’s age group. Click the links below to find out more.
We have two secure outdoor play areas, one for the under 2’s and one for the over 2’ Each are suitably equipped with play apparatus and toys to assist in physical development, such as co-ordination and balance, spatial awareness, assessing risk, as well as learning co-operation, communication skills and social development.
Spacious and carefully supervised, our outdoor play areas have safety surface, soft woodchip, sand, tarmac, wooded and garden areas, appropriate for interesting and stimulating outdoor play, ideal for all year round outdoor activity, when we take the entire curriculum outdoors.
“It is a fact that children learn more in their first five years, than at any other time of their lives. ABC Children’s Day Nursery accepts the vital role and responsibility of providing a safe, stimulating, loving and happy environment for little one’s today, developing their potential, self-esteem and worth to equip them with the confidence and respect to face the world at large tomorrow“
- Following the national curriculum for the Early Years Foundation Stage, we plan activities and experiences, so our children learn through play.
- We share with parents information regarding their children’s development.
- We share with parents information regarding our planned activities and tips on how to support at home.
Our full-time chef freshly prepares meals each day, served in the children’s dedicated dining room.
- Each day’s menu provides a healthy balanced diet.
- We have a 41day rolling menu, providing a variety of flavours from the many cultures in our society.
- Meals are served in our dedicated dining room, which encourages children to share in the social occasion of eating together, to be independent and prepare for school.
- All special diets are catered for, whether it is for reasons of health, culture, religion or just personal choice.
- Food Standards Agency; ‘5 Stars’ awarded for hygiene standards.
We take our responsibility to keep our children safe as a major priority.
- All staff undergo rigorous enhanced DBS checks prior to appointment, which are regularly rechecked.
- All staff have Kirklees Safeguarding Children training
- Children can only leave nursery with a parent or a person nominated by a parent.
- Risk assessment of all nursery areas and children’s activities are carried out and continuously reviewed.
- Visitors are welcome to our nursery, however, strictly by prior appointment.